Tuesday 9 May 2017

Taking time to rest

threepullpa.com

This is what I'm planning to do this week. I've been sleeping very well since my procedure on Saturday and am thinking I would like to take the rest of this week off to rest and recuperate while I can.

Regardless of it not being major surgery, my body has still been through some serious trauma and needs time to heal. I'm enjoying being at home and being quiet and calm. There's been no pain, but I'm aware of the area if that makes sense. A little 'nudge' here and there to remind me of it. And I have a gigantic bruise where the anaesthetic IV went into my hand. Doesn't hurt, but it's pretty impressive!

I've not been eating much at all, but have been getting lots of fluids (water and tea), so I'm fasting I suppose. It's not necessarily a conscious thing, but it feels like the right thing to do.

I admit I don't really want to go back to work just yet, either. I'm enjoying this quiet and calm and want to go back when I feel both mentally and physically ready, rather than just when I feel I 'should'. Feeling guilty means I care about what I do, but I know that if something were to happen, it could potentially mean even MORE time away and why open that kettle of fish?

My supervisor isn't in today but I will call her tomorrow to discuss. I'll enjoy my peace and quiet today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

Jane said...

You're listening to your body and your choices seem like the right thing to do. Relaxxxxxxxxzzzzzzzz...

MW said...

Wise decision to give yourself the time to heal properly. As you say, helps to prevent potential complications from not doing it. Any surgical procedure is trauma to the body.

Exciting stuff to look forward to, looking for a new space to call home -- Such a creative process as well!

Take care and speedy healing to you! (Should be in good shape for your getaway in Wales at the end of the month, if I remember correctly..)

Northern Living Allowance said...

Hi Jane - yes! It's only taken 50 years, but there we are... :P It's been really good but I think I'll be ready to get back to work on Monday. At least I've been sleeping well, which is so important. I feel ready to get back to the 'real' world now xx

Hi MW! So good to hear from you. Yes, resting felt like what I needed to do and I'm happy to be allowed to take the time I need to do it.

A new home is exciting and a bit intimidating! I'm hoping to be able to buy some cheap & cheerful pieces for the new place. And thank you! xx